Monday, June 16, 2014

Ice Cream!

So far, Arizona has been amazing!
I knew I would love the desert landscape and the cool pools, but to tell you the truth I wasn't expecting much, in the culinary sense.  I've been blown away by some amazing food here and I have so much to share! Starting with this cute ice cream parlor Churn.



The interior is so cute, with pops of red and grey. I love all the old fashioned candy that you can get here too. 

You know the kind you grew up eating like huge jawbreakers, candy buttons, and pop rocks...


I tried the Vietnamese coffee on a pretzel cone. Yes that's right, a pretzel cone! Brilliant! It was really good! You can't go wrong with sweet and savory! 

They even have a nice area in the back with 'misters' going...You know the thingy that sprays fine mist? Believe me, I learned, misters make a world of a difference in the dry Arizona heat! 
If ever you're in town treat yourself to a heavenly treat from this charming little place. 

Churn / 5223 N Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85012 / (602) 279-8024